Department Chair Professional Development
Department Chair Discussions
The ADVANCE Program partners with the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs to host monthly discussions with the chairs of Natural Sciences and Engineering each semester. Chairs report the informal format is very valuable to them.
Additional information and resources for department chairs can be found at the Chairs' Administrative Manual of Procedures website.
- April 1, 2009 – Mentoring
- February 16, 2009 – Working with Your Budget
- February 3, 2009 – Reorganizing Your Department
- November 17, 2008 – Students and Faculty with Mental Issues
- September 10, 2008 – An Equity Discussion with Virginia Valian, Distinguished Professor of Psychology, Hunter College
- September 3, 2008 – Good Practices
- March 14, 2008 – A Discussion with Monica Biernat, Professor of Psychology, University of Kansas
- February 26, 2008 – In conjunction with the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Carol Quillen, ADVANCE co-hosted Brent Smith, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, London Business School for two professional development workshops.
- September 7, 2007 – Dealing with Difficult Staff and Faculty
Hunter College: Gender Equity Project
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Office of Quality Improvement and Office of Human Resource Development